Carpet Cleaning Services
Carpeted floors are a popular choice in most Singaporean offices due to the luxurious look and warm ambience they offer. They also create a feeling of comfort and hospitality. But a dirty carpet with stains, odours and dampness can generate the complete opposite effect! Grimy carpeting is a complete turnoff and can not only lead to a bad image but also cause allergies and illnesses.
In fact, the more plush or fancy your carpet, the more care it requires, especially in an office where a high number of employees, are required to move from their workstations to meeting rooms and back again, often. Offices in which there are several outside visitors also tend to get their carpets soiled more easily. Dirty footwear, spilled coffee, fallen pieces of paper or plastics, are just a few threats to your precious office carpeting.
Health problems caused by unclean carpets
- Respiratory problems, allergies, stomach infections: Fungus, mould or mycotoxins are attracted to damp, dirty carpets like moths to a flame. These micro-organisms are known to affect the body’s immune system over time causing a range of health problems such as asthma and other skin or digestive infections.
- Rashes, eye and nose infections: Dusty carpets are an ideal breeding ground for dust mites. They feed off the bacteria and stick to the carpet if not cleaned. Breathing in these dust mites can cause all sorts of skin rashes, and eye and nose infections.
- Athlete’s foot: The bacteria or fungus that collects on an unclean carpet can infiltrate into the body through cuts in the feet, causing a condition known as Athlete’s foot. For those who wear open sandals in the office, this could be a possible outcome.
Keeping your carpet clean
Hence, keeping your carpet clean at the work place is an important task that needs to be done. Cleaning and maintenance of office carpeting, involves a two-fold approach:
- Daily vacuuming of carpeting to get rid of dust particles, bits of paper, snack crumbs etc
- Monthly or quarterly shampooing of the entire carpeted floors to remove stains and disinfecting it, to offer the carpet a brand new look
Both of these are necessary for any office premise, whether big or small.
Hiring a Carpet Cleaning Service
Running an office is a strenuous job for the administrative department, which is often understaffed and overworked! In such cases, it is best to outsource your carpet cleaning requirements to professionals who have the people, equipment and know-how to carry out the routine and monthly/quarterly cleaning of your office carpet.
A1 Cleaning Services offer their carpet cleaning services to all kinds of professional establishments such as hotels, clinics, corporate offices, schools, showrooms and more. We also undertake the carpet shampooing for the monthly or quarterly cleaning task. This is a proven method in carpet cleaning, more effective than the traditional dry cleaning technique. You may contact our team for a quotation and find out for yourself how economical and effective it is to outsource your office carpet cleaning needs.