In many offices, branch employees, top management, vendors, clients or potential employees visit on a regular basis. These individuals carry back with them a company image based on what they see. Hence, a disorganised, cluttered office premise is likely to create a negative impression in the minds of these visitors. This may affect business relations and brand equity.
In today’s day of a virtually paperless society, keeping an office clean has become easier. Yet, due to the pace of the business environment, cleanliness at the workplace is often neglected.
Outsourcing your Office Cleaning
Professionally trained agencies such as A1 Cleaning Services are equipped with the tools and knowhow to do a thorough job of cleaning, tidying and ensuring high sanitation standards for your company.
Here are a few typical steps involved in keeping an office spotless:
- Wipe and clean floors, or vacuum if carpeted
- Dust computer screen, CPU and keyboard with microfiber cloth. Wipe down desk surface and legs
- Dust surfaces of cabinets, tables, bookshelves and other furniture
- Treat spots or stains on fabric chairs, wipe down arms and legs of chairs, clear dirt off wheels of swivel chairs
- Wipe and sanitize items such as phones, intercoms and remote controls
- Wipe and wash down all doors and windows with detergent or soap water (including glass)
- Vacuum and dust curtains and blinds
- Clean light fixtures, fans, air-conditioner cabinets with a duster or cloth
- Clean pantry area, especially if there’s a sink, microwave or other devices such as tea/coffee kettles, machines.
- Empty out all the trash cans
- Clean and disinfect bathroom sink and toilet bowl
Points to note before calling a Cleaning Company
It is ideal to call over the cleaning team at a time when there are no or lesser employees in the office to ensure that your staff is not disturbed by the cleaning procedure. It is also equally important to communicate and task your work force for ensuring a few things are taken care of prior to a cleaning agency visit such as – keeping valuables and documents under lock and key, disposing of leftover food as soon as they are done with it, flushing the toilets after use and so on.
Have a list of tasks to be performed on daily and weekly basis. This enables you to keep track if all your requirements are getting attended to. Lastly, get your premises surveyed by the service provider before asking a formal quotation.
Challenges faced by Office Admins and Facility Managers
Some common tasks & challenges faced by Office Managers are –
- Difficulty in recruiting experienced Cleaners that can do a good job
- Lack of time and resources to train in-house staff
- Leaves and absenteeism of part-time cleaners due to MC
- Challenge of finding and getting a replacement to maintain the office cleanliness
- Worry about cleaners payroll, CPF, insurance etc
A1 Facility is proud to be chosen by MNC’s & SME’s in Singapore for cleaning services since many years.
Island wide Availability
We provide cleaning & maintenance services island wide, across Singapore. Having been active in Office Cleaning space for many years we are able to deploy Cleaners in CBD areas (Central Business District) like Raffles Place, Tanjong Pagar, Marina Bay, etc within 1 day. We also serve the non-CBD commercial clusters like Tampines, Buona Vista, Alexandra, etc within 1 working day.
Industrial clusters like Sungei Kadut, Loyang, Woodlands North, etc can be served within a minimum of 2 working days upon contract signing.
Profile of our Office Cleaners
Our Cleaning staff are a mix locals & foreigners (80% local, 20% foreign) who are NEA certified and trained. Skilled to carry out the cleaning routines professionally and of high hygiene standards.
Depending on the nature and requirements of the work we can deploy junior/senior workers.
Value-Added Services for Offices & Workplaces
A1 Facility Services offers regular cleaning packages as well as professional cleaners on an ad hoc basis. Besides the general office cleaning tasks A1 Facility Services is well-equipped to handle special requirements with value add services such as
- Carpet Shampooing
- Upholstery cleaning
- Deep Cleaning with disinfectants
Ensure that you and your employees are able to perform daily tasks to their optimum abilities, without being distracted by a messy office. To book an appointment or get a suitable quotation for your office premise, do get in touch with our team today and watch your production boom!